Sunday, July 15, 2012

A summer staple- the denim waistcoat...

Something I've been seeing everywhere is the denim waistcoat, with many variations be it patterned, cropped or in a variety of colours. Instead of buying a new one however I cut the sleeves off two denim jackets I was bored of and it worked out perfectly. Crazily enough, I have gotten so much more wear out of these since I cut the sleeves off!




                               My two jackets are from H&M and New Look





The scissors gave the edging a rough finish but i kinda like the frayed  look.




They're so versatile as you can throw them on over pretty much anything- long or short sleeved tops, they make you feel less nakey over a crop-top and they can also make a dressy outfit look a lot more casual and laid back. 




Please excuse the cringe picture of me!




                  Here are a few of my favourite style icons rocking the look:
















All of the gals are wearing the denim waistcoat in different ways but each look fab :) 

13 comments:

  1. cool post like your pics!

    if you're interested check out my blog

    http://gememsorbet.blogspot.com

    I'm hosting a little Give away

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,I'm Tatianna your newest follower! I love this post.I just bought my denim vest and I love it!
    XO Tatianna
    http://styleremainingfashionfading.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Love your blog:) I´m a new follower:) Hope you follow my baby blog back :) Kisses

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support guys :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! the wests looks so amazing and you are very sexy and pretty <3


    love
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey blogwalking here, babe. found your beautiful blog.
    lets follow each others :D i hope we can be friends! ^^

    xxo
    rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha i am loving that picture of you!

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for following my blog
    Following back :)
    fashionandtherebel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for checking out my blog guys! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, Im actually wearing one in todays blog post!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww.. like ur pic and look. I am a denim lover myself. You got a nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you back =) thanks for the lovely comment. I just bought a clear bubble umbrella from target for $8! Its super cute, can't wait to use it.

    <3 Kelly
    SavvySelections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete